We work closely with local agencies to promote healthy eating and sustainable gardening throughout Gloucester.
2018 Community Garden applications are now Open! Print out Application and return to backyard Growers office or Send via email
Our Community Garden Program partners receive individualized services to meet the unique needs of their agencies and clients. At a minimum we provide gardens, garden training, garden mentor support, and assistance acquiring low-cost seeds and seedlings. We have worked with the following organizations and housing communities:
- North Shore Health Project
- The Open Door Garden
- Action Emergency Shelter
- Pond View Village
- McPherson Park Senior Housing
- Riverdale Park Youth Garden
- Burnham’s Field Community Garden
- Grace Center/West End Neighborhood Community Garden
- East End Community Garden
- Willowood Housing Community Garden
Apply For A Garden Plot
Download application for 2018 growing season here
Fill out our online application, download, and return a hard copy; OR contact our community programs manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are eligible for a garden plot if:
- You are a Pond View, McPherson Park, Willowood Gardens, or Riverdale Park resident OR
- You live in Gloucester and are interested in a garden at Burnham's Field Community Garden
If you want to be the first to know when the applications become available— send us your email address and get on our lists!
Interested in Starting a Community Garden?
If you work for a local agency and are interested in starting a community garden, please inquire at email@example.com.