Backyard Growers is holding our very first cooking workshop as we have the first harvest of 2016!
This May class will be the first class in a series of three seasonal cooking workshops (May, August, and October) that Backyard Growers is launching to celebrate local seasonal produce. All workshops are held in the dining room of The Open Door. Each May course is the same curriculum.
In these workshops local chefs from Short & Main and the Common Crow will teach you cooking and preparation tips. These workshops will focus on sharing delicious, healthy, seasonal-produce based, easy, kid-friendly, cheap, and fast recipes with you and your family. Beyond being practical, these workshops will be hands on, fun, and you won't leave hungry! This is a family workshop so please bring your kids if they are 5+ and remember to wear clothing you don't mind cooking in!
- 2016 Backyard Garden Program participant: Free (and 2/3 Mandatory)
- 2015 Backyard Garden Program participant: Free
- Community Garden Participant: Pay as you can
- Past Community or Backyard Garden Program participant: $10
- Community Member: $25 per person
There is limited space in each workshop so reserve your spot here soon!
Salad photo taken by minimalist baker.