Backyard Growers August cooking workshop series- featuring pro tips from the Market Restaurant's Dan McKenna!
This August class is the second class in a series of three seasonal cooking workshops (May, August, and October) that Backyard Growers is launching to celebrate local seasonal produce. All workshops are held in the dining room of The Open Door. Each August course is the same curriculum.
These workshops will focus on sharing delicious, healthy, seasonal-produce based, easy, kid-friendly, cheap, and fast recipes with you and your family. Plus Dan McKenna will share some tips and tricks from working with local, seasonal food at The Market Restaurant in Annisquam and Short and Main in downtown Gloucester. Beyond being practical, these workshops will be hands on, fun, and you won't leave hungry! This is a family workshop so please bring your kids if they are 5+ and remember to wear clothing you don't mind cooking in!
- 2016 Backyard Garden Program participant: Free (and 2/3 Mandatory)
- 2015 Backyard Garden Program participant: Free
- Community Garden Participant: Pay as you can
- Past Community or Backyard Garden Program participant: $10
- Community Member: $20 per person
There is limited space in each workshop so reserve your spot here soon!