Your support helps Backyard Growers create a culture of growing and enjoying fresh healthy food in Gloucester. Positions open- join us today!
Volunteers are essential to the work we do! We welcome everyone from teen interns to corporate teams to local avid gardeners to help with a range of tasks like...
- Building a new community garden
- Leading a weekly community garden harvest
- Leading a school taste test
- Mentoring our gardeners
- Watering and weeding school or community gardens
- Work at our pop-up shop
- Help us with a community workshop
- And more!
Ready to get started?
- Check out our current volunteer needs at our volunteer hub and sign up there.
- Don't see something that peaks your immediate interest? Fill out our volunteer survey and we'll be in touch!
One of our longest running volunteer programs is our Garden Mentor program. For more information or to sign up click here.
Do you want to hang out with awesome urban gardening warriors and gain stand-out community organization skills? Then intern with us! Our urban agriculture interns participate in all our programs and generally learn everything we do. Every spring, summer and fall we offer internships to students and teenagers interested in getting involved in urban agriculture/food justice work. Look out for our 2018 application or email us for more information at email@example.com.