Serve With Us
FoodCorps is a nationwide team of leaders that connects kids to real food and helps them grow up healthy. They place service members at local organizations like Backyard Growers who are leading the farm-to-school work in their communities. Our FoodCorps service members at BYG are our school garden education leaders. They connect Gloucester students to the garden and their food through hands-on garden education, in-school classes, and farm-to-cafeteria taste tests. Apply to FoodCorps and preference serving at Backyard Growers, so you can be a leader in the food movement in Gloucester!
Intern With Us
Summer 2018 applications now open!
We're looking for the next generation of food leaders who want meaningful volunteer intern experience this summer.
Do you want to hang out with awesome urban gardening warriors and gain stand-out community organization skills? Then intern with us! Our urban agriculture interns participate in all our programs and generally learn everything we do. Spend your summer exploring soil with youth at our community gardens, building new gardens for community members, or leading youth markets!
Volunteers are essential to the work we do! We welcome everyone from teen interns to corporate teams to local avid gardeners to help with a range of tasks like...
- Building a new community garden
- Leading a weekly community garden harvest
- Leading a school taste test
- Mentoring our gardeners
- Watering and weeding school or community gardens
- Work at our pop-up shop
- Help us with a community workshop
- And more!
Ready to get started?
- Check out our current volunteer needs on Volunteer Match or visit our volunteer hub and sign up there.
- Don't see something that peaks your immediate interest? Fill out our volunteer survey and we'll be in touch!
One of our longest running volunteer programs is our Garden Mentor program. For more information or to sign up click here.