With two year-long workshop series, we provide a variety of opportunities for our community to grow.
Three series and over 20 opportunities to join us
- Community Food Culture Series- lecture series, cooking workshops, and more to connect you to Gloucester's food culture
- Gloucester Grows Series - the how-to's of gardening in Gloucester from raising chickens to season extension
- Community Children's Programs- we lead workshops and school break programs for all ages
All workshops are priced differently and all have limited numbers of tickets. Please see all the workshops below and click on the title's of the workshops to be linked to our event page with more details and registration. Email email@example.com with any questions.
We look forward to meeting you!
COMMUNITY FOOD CULTURE SERIES
Our Community Food Culture Workshop Series explores the intersection of art, food, and the garden. With the help of our talented local partners, these entertaining workshops connect participants to nature in a variety of ways. Please click the links to the calendar for more information and to reserve your spot!
- Fermentation Part 1: The Fundamentals of Fermentation
- Fermentation Part 2: Make-Your Own Ferment
- Spring Cooking Workshop- for adults!
- Summer Cooking Workshop- for adults!
- Fall Cooking Workshop- for adults!
- Paint the Harvest Still Life
Gloucester Grows Series
Our Gloucester Grows Workshop Series gets both community members and participants in our Backyard and Community Garden Programs out in the dirt learning about gardening. With workshops topics ranging from soil fertility to season extension, we help make the journey from seed to fork accessible to people of all backgrounds and gardening abilities. All workshops suggested donation for program participants, $10 for community members, unless otherwise specified. Please check the calendar of events page for most updated pricing and ticketing information.
- February Seed Swap
- FRESH: Seed Starting: Part 1
- FRESH: Square Foot Garden Training
- Seed Starting: Part 2
- Square Foot Gardening Training (Program Participants only)
- April Season Extension and Succession Gardening- with Cedar Rock Gardens!
- May Composting and Soil Fertility with Black Earth Compost
- June Tomato Workshop
- July Organic Pest and Disease Management
- August Chicken Workshop
Children's community programs
In addition to our school programs, we host several children's programs and workshops where Cape Ann's future farmers in Gloucester can learn how to start seeds, grow their own food, and cook it too! Program prices vary and limited space is available. Please check out our calendar of events page for most updated information on each event.
- February Break Children's Programs
- April Break Children's Programs
- Spring Cooking Workshop- for families!
- Summer Cooking Workshop- for families!
- Fall Cooking Workshop- for families!
- Children's Holiday Workshop